CANON POWERSHOT G7 X MARKII: A COMPACT CAMERA WITH A DSLR HEART
If you need a DSLR but are lazy about everything that implies in terms of lenses, size, weight and more, you are in luck. There is an ideal camera for you, the Canon PowerShot G7 X MarkII now available at Lindedn, NJ electronics retailer Abes of Maine. It is a compact camera with which you have absolute control of the image as if it were a SLR.
This camera is not exactly a novelty, but this year its successor came out and that caused the prices of the previous model to drop, which is an excellent opportunity to buy a great camera with at a better price. In this article, Abes of Maine photography experts will also compare it to its successor the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III to see if it is worth paying more for the superior model or not.
To whom it is intended?
Within the premium range of the brand's compact ones, the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II has become a vlogger's favorite for several reasons that we will see throughout the article. However, it is not only ideal for this user profile, but it is a very appropriate camera for travelers who want to carry light or street photographers who are always on the go.
The Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II is also aimed at those who have a SLR but need a compact camera to carry in their pocket when they do not want to carry the SLR and other equipment. Moreover, those who want, in addition to taking photos can also record video.
The Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II is a compact camera that offers absolute control of the image through its manual settings. It is very small, has a large sensor and a very powerful processor, records in Full HD, has a stabilizer that works really well and offers Wi-Fi connectivity. Bellow, Abes of Maine camera specialist break down its characteristics in more detail:
- 20.1 megapixels.
- type sensor.
- DIGIC 7 processor that offers great performance.
- Bright lens: aperture f / 1.8-2.8.
- 4.2x optical zoom.
- Equivalent focal length of 24-100mm.
- ISO up to 12,800, although don't expect much starting at ISO 800-1600.
- 31-point AF.
- Burst up to 8 fps.
- RAW and JPEG.
- Manual mode for photo and video.
- Sharp focus, even in movies, even when the selected subject moves, it maintains focus.
- Advanced 5-axis dynamic IS, which translates into incredibly stable videos even at full zoom. Also when shooting running with the camera in hand. Corrects jitter and crooked horizons.
- Built-in ND filter (to reduce light input when necessary).
- Built-in flash (does not include external flash shoe).
- It does not have an optical viewfinder.
- Does not include external microphone input.
- Flip-up and touch screen.
- Customizable focus ring that you can configure to slide continuously or in jumps (the latter if you use it for the opening is very comfortable to jump from step to step).
- Very fast response to ignition.
- NFC and Wifi connection to connect your camera to a Smartphone allowing you to share your photos, make backup copies or shoot remotely.
- Dimensions: 105.5 x 60.9 x 42.0 mm
- Weight: Approx. 319g (battery and memory card included)
Its brightness, the sensor is quite large, it works very well in low-light environments, both in photos and in video. Another of its strongest points is the stabilization when recording video and its speed of response. It is as small as it is strong, and the quality of the photos is very remarkable especially considering its compact size. Its flip-up and touch screen gives it many points (especially for vloggers ). For more information about this superb camera, visit Abes of Maine camera and electronics store in Linden, New Jersey.